Wednesday 8 May 2013

Homemade Breadcrumbs



Truth to be told, all this while I have avoiding making any dishes which called for breadcrumbs. This is because I didn't want to waste any money buying it and back then I didn't know how to make breadcrumbs! I know, I'm slow like that. I'm still learning. Then I discovered how breadcrumbs were done from scratch but I did not give it a try till now for two main reasons. One being that I did not come across any recipes which used breadcrumbs and second being skeptical about the whole works. In may opinion making your own breadcrumbs sounded too easy and I thought it was too good to be true.

However, during the weekend I wanted to do some fish cutlets and I needed some breadcrumbs to make those cutlets nice any crispy. Thus, I decided I should put aside my skepticism and just try making those god damn breadcrumbs already!

To make this easy peasy homemade breadcrumbs you just need 2 slices of bread. I made mine with wholegrain bread since I don't consume white bread and it turned out well. You just need to toast the slices of bread for about 3-4 minutes. Make sure they are really crispy. Break the toasted bread in to chunks. Throw it into a grinder or food processor and pulse it for a couple of seconds or so. 





There you have it, your very own breadcrumbs! And I can't believe it took me this long to finally make my own breadcrumbs.

No comments :

Post a Comment